Monday 10 November 2008

Ortolan


I'm totally getting into this posting thing.

Ortolan are girls, sisters even, they're from New Jersey and they're just really nice. Not really nice people, I have nothing to back that up, I don't know them, but they make really nice music. You know when there are times when you want to listen to music that throws a big heavy stone at pretense? Ortolan are perfect for those times.

I guess if I was to describe what the band sound like I'd say it's kind of indie pop, kind of "Anti-Folk" (if you choose to believe that such a thing exists) in the vein of people like Jeffrey Lewis and The Moldy Peaches, and kind of maybe a little bit twee. 9 out of 10 for the description, Ollie.

Anyway, they're really cool and this song is one of my favourites by them:



Ollie

No comments: